In the context of utilities and infrastructure, achieving great results depends on great people who excel in conceiving and implementing good practical, safe solutions, based on a sound understanding of asset, life cycle and performance solutions.
Our design and engineering solutions include overhead lines, underground cables, substations, protection and control systems, telecommunications, subdivisions, lighting, and CAD Services.
Our clients engage with us in a number of ways – Design Build, Design Tender, or on a Project Management basis.
Clients who wish to separately tender their construction work still have the flexibility to utilise Connetics’ Design or Project Management services independent of our operational services business. This service includes obtaining Network Operator approvals, evaluation, and providing recommendations on the tender process for construction.
Our extensive project management experience enables Connetics to take a project from concept to completion on time and to budget.
Connetics also offers an independent engineering evaluation of utility electrical distribution equipment and designs.
significant Design + Engineering
- Orion 66kv underground cable route planning design to replace earthquake damaged cable and for reinforcement works along 4 major routes.
- Milton zone substation design for switchgear and protection replacement.
- Simeon Quay Lyttelton 11kv reinforcement / switchgear replacement design including relocating the substation.
- Johns Road / Russley Road overhead line underground conversion in association with road widening.
- Subdivision power reticulation design for multiple developments including the large Wigram Skies subdivision.
- Network connection designs for large commercial developments including Fonterra’s Darfield plant.
- PowerNet 66kv overhead line upgrades design 50km long.
- Christchurch heritage Tramway overhead line repair and overhead extension design.
- Route planning and ducting layout design for high-speed fiber optic broadband roll out.
- Lighting design for the replacement of earthquake damaged concrete lighting poles including the implementation of new LED lighting technology.
- The preparation of Road Lighting Infrastructure Design Standards for multiple road controlling authorities within New Zealand.
- Christchurch Cathedral external feature lighting and electrical reticulation.
- Stage 1 Christchurch Southern Motorway 10km of road lighting and associated design.
- Stage 2 Christchurch Southern Motorway concept lighting design.
Other and ongoing Design + Engineering projects
- Network electrical connection designs from 100 amp 3 phase.
- Network electrical reticulation and road lighting design for ongoing subdivision developments both commercial and residential.
- Substation, switchgear and protection upgrades at various sites for multiple customers.
- High and medium voltage reinforcement and equipment relocation projects associated with the Christchurch rebuild works.
- Electrical reticulation and connection designs associated with SCIRT projects.
- Design of multiple road lighting upgrades associated with road works or local authority’s capital replacement programs.
Find out more about Design + Engineering: